If you have any questions or comments about the University's Biological Safety Program contact Bethanie Brooke Howard-Parker (575-3533) the Campus Biological Safety Officer (BSO).
For biological waste concerns please refer to the Biolocgical Waste Management section.
All safety-related questions that arise should be addressed by the principal investigator, working in concert with the BSO. The BSO is to be notified of any major changes throughout the course of the research and may be subject to re-review by the IBC at the discretion of the BSO.
Biological Safety Resources:
- Biological Safety Audit
- Biological Safety Manual
- Biological Spill Procedure Guide
- Regulated Biohazardous Waste Procedures
- Guidelines for Sourcing Clear Bags for Non Regulated Waste
- Rules for Transporting Biological Materials
- CDC Training for Shipping Biological Material
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) 6th Edition
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Molecules
- SDS Information
- National Institutes of Health