Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report an accident or injury on campus?
Report all accidents or injuries to your immediate supervisor. For accidents involving vehicle damage, report the incident to the UAPD (575-2222) and then to your immediate supervisor.

Where can I find information about chemical toxicity?
For chemical toxicity information you may contact the Chemical Safety Officer, Rick Williams (575-4079). Toxicity information can also be obtained from a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the the compound in question. Visit the Safety Data Sheets page for additional information.

Who do I contact in EH&S about radiation safety?
Peter Chowdhury (575-3379) is our Radiation Safety Officer and should be contacted regarding all radiation safety issues. The policies and practices with regard to license, procurement and use of radioactive materials, and sources of ionizing radiation are vested with the Radiation Safety Officer.

What are the correct procedures for hazardous waste disposal?
Follow the directions on the hazardous waste page regarding proper disposal.

How do I report campus safety hazards?
Contact EH&S (575-5448) in order to report campus safety hazards. You may also complete an accident, incident or unsafe condition form to make a report. An evaluation of the hazard will typically be performed the same day it is reported.

How do I find out about asbestos containing materials?
All questions and concerns regarding asbestos in campus buildings may be routed to Environmental Compliance and Safety (575-6175).

Who is responsible for industrial safety, occupational health or public health concerns?
For a complete EH&S staff listing and division of responsibilities, please visit our Contact Us page.